Colonnade Advisors LLC: Founded in 1999, we are a boutique investment banking firm that focuses on mergers and acquisitions. We specialize in the financial services and business services sectors. Our deals range in size from $30 – $500 million.
Over the years we have embraced the virtues of boutique investment banking – Focus on the client’s needs above all other considerations, Expertise that comes from deep industry knowledge and years of transaction experience, and Results that bring positive change to the lives of our clients and greatly improve the prospects of the companies we serve.
We have the flexibility and informality of a small company and the rigor and expectations of a world-class investment bank. Our team is the key to our success; made up of bright, highly motivated, hardworking people. Every team member interacts with senior bankers and Colonnade’s clients on a daily basis to get the exposure and training needed to build a career in investment banking.
Colonnade has moved to remote work and will remain so for the foreseeable future. We may be physically apart, but we are a cohesive team that spends significant time together via digital platforms.
Investment Banking Analyst
As an investment banking analyst, you will provide analytical support on mergers and acquisitions and capital raising transactions. Our small deal team size provides analysts the opportunity to work with senior investment bankers and key management from client companies on a daily basis.
You will assume a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Developing company valuations and financial models
- Developing transaction marketing materials including selling memoranda, management presentations and pitch books
- Conducting industry and company research and analysis
- Acting as a point of contact throughout the transaction process
- Attending client meetings
- Managing due diligence processes
- Developing financial services industry and transaction expertise and staying current on industry developments
- Gaining an understanding of the interests and investment criteria of private equity firms
Candidates for the program will possess the following qualifications:
- A strong work ethic, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
- At least one year of work experience in investment banking, corporate development, corporate finance, valuation or accounting
- The ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.5 GPA, preferably in applied mathematics, engineering, economics, or accounting
- Mastery of Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint
Things to Consider Before You Interview
- You will be asked to prepare a case analysis including building a financial model in Excel
- You should be prepared to discuss the following during your interview:
- What do you know about the investment banking industry?
- Why are you interested in a career in this industry?
- What have you done to prepare yourself to be an investment banking analyst?
- Why is Colonnade the right place for you?